Terms & Conditions
Online Payment – Terms and Conditions
I understand and agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
Drivers of this vehicle must be between the ages of 25-74 and must have held the required licence for at least 2 years
- Motorhomes up to 3500 kg – category B or equivalent
- Motorhomes 3500 kg to 7500 kg – category C1 or equivalent
6 points or over or any serious motoring convictions may cause a higher excess or refusal to hire
My credit/debit card will be debited immediately on completion of this payment process: All online bookings are automated, but do however need to be verified by a member of staff. Therefore your booking request is not fully valid until you have received confirmation from the branch—we will not accept responsibility for hirers assuming the vehicle they have requested has been booked if it has not been confirmed by the issuing branch. When booking your vehicle please ensure the dates and times are correct. If your circumstances change and you require the vehicle on different dates, please contact us ASAP. We do not charge a modification fee but the new reservation will be at the prevailing market rates.
I will be required to pay a Security Deposit on collection of the vehicle: All hirers will be required to pay a refundable security deposit on collection of the vehicle. The deposit is £500 and the card must be in the main drivers name. Payment is only acceptable by major credit/debit card. We do not accept cash, pay-as-you-go cards or cheque’s. The deposit may be increased at the discretion of Abacus Staff. Deposits will be refunded when the vehicle is returned in the same state as it was let out. Please allow up to 5 working days for the deposit to appear in your bank.
I will require the following documentation when I come to collect the vehicle: The following original documents must be presented at the branch at the time of collection (we do not accept photocopies):
- Driving licence—please click here for driving licence requirements. We must see each driver with their driving licence at the office.
- Additional Form of ID (showing current name and address, dated within the last 3 months)—e.g. utility bill, bank statement, council tax bill, official letter.
- If Travelling outside of the UK—your passport
- If visiting from outside the UK—your passport along with a contact address of where you will be staying in the UK.
I understand and agree to the Cancellation Policy: If you unfortunately need to cancel your booking, please contact the branch as soon as possible. The following charges will apply:
- More than 6 weeks before: the booking deposit will be retained
- 6 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of the total hire charges will be retained
- 2 weeks – no show: 100% of the total hire charges will be retained
Although we do not offer this service, we do advice you to take out Personal Holiday Insurance.
Full Terms and Conditions: Our full Terms and Conditions are available by clicking here, at the Company Offices and incorporated within the Rental Agreement. You will be sent a copy of these Terms and Conditions when we process your booking. The copy that we send you must be signed and returned immediately. Abacus reserve the right to change any terms and conditions without notice or not comply to the published material if certain circumstances arise. Abacus also reserve the right to refuse to hire or cancel a hire without notice under special circumstances.